Preppy fashion for Pups.. Take on this Love Bone in Tweed. Squeaky of course!
Made from hemp cotton mix, this classic Bone Squeaky is not just fun but also made with the environment in mind.
Front: Hemp cotton mix (70% recycled hemp cotton, 30% organic cotton)
Colour: Tweed Grey/Tweed Rosè Mix
Care instructions: Machine washable
Sizes: Small (21cm), Large (27cm)
Why organic cotton
To manufacture non-organic cotton, it require a large amount of insecticides and pesticides. It may come as a surprise that nearly 25% of insecticides and 10% of pesticides used in the world are used on growing cotton, when it accounts for only 3% of the total cultivated area. Excessive use of chemicals is environmental pollution and health problems in farmers.
Besides protecting our environment and farmers, growing organic cotton uses far less water. it is said organic is easier on the skin and prevent allergies, caused by chemical residue trapped in cotton fibres.
[Source: Organic cotton, Sustainability of Organic Cotton]
Some hemp facts:
* renewable resource which grows more quickly and easily than trees
* hemp has a deep-root system that prevents soil erosion, removes toxins and provides disease break and aerates the soil to the benefit of future crops
* hemp fibre is longer and stronger, more absorbent and insulating than cotton fibre, which hemp clothings keep you cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
* produces more pulp than timber on a sustainable basis and can be used in all quality of paper
* paper made from hemp is more eco-friendly than paper from timber.
* organic hemp can be grown easily without herbicides, pesticides and fungicides; can replace other raw material processed with toxic chemicals.