This innovative dog life jacket sets the new standard for flotation aids. The unique design optimizes buoyancy, stability and freedom of movement to keep your dog safe in and by the water.
Dog life jackets are often bulky and hard to move around with, especially on land. We also struggled finding a life jacket that provided our dogs with both buoyancy and stability in the water. During hot summer days, there is also a risk of overheating when wearing a thick vest. We teamed up with experts in dog anatomy, biomechanics and buoyancy to take the whole concept of dog life jackets one step further.
The Protector life jacket's key features are:
- Our unique SAFE-R buoyancy construction: The construction ensures that your dog is kept afloat and stable relative to the waterline. The foam is placed on the side for increased buoyancy and freedom of movement. The panels are split into sections to allow your dog to turn without being restricted by the vest.
- Breathability: On the dog’s back, we have used our highly breathable HexiVent material. Water can flow through, and the ventilated top can help prevent your dog from overheating.
- Ergonomic design: In addition to the split side panels, the shape of the vest allows your dog’s front legs to move freely. As a consequence, your dog is able to move more efficiently in and out of the water.
This design provides your dog with the buoyancy, stability and freedom of movement we were looking for.
The system has been thoroughly tested in open water, pools and on water treadmills with several different dogs. Human life jackets are tested using an ISO-standard, but this has not yet been applied to life jackets for dogs. We developed a test system as close as possible to the human standards in order to make a dog life jacket like no other on the market.
The life jacket is equipped with a sturdy handle in case you need to lift your dog up on your paddleboard, the dock or in the boat.
By combining the SAFE-T wrap system and the wide chest straps, the pressure is evenly distributed making the vest comfortable and safe for your dog. A reflective stripe on the top of the handle provides extra visibility in the dark. The Protector life jacket is bright orange so that it is easier to spot your dog in the water.
In addition to one leash attachment point on the back, there are two attachment points on the side of the life jacket allowing you to adjust direction and resistance. This feature is particularly useful for rehabilitation purposes on a water treadmill or in a swimming pool. Small items can be stored in the back pocket.
The Protector life jacket is available in sizes 2-7.
- Outer fabric: Polyester
- Inner fabric: Polyester
- SAFE-T wrap system
- SAFE-R buoyancy construction
- Reflective printing and piping
- Registered design DM222982
- Duraflex® buckles (bluesign® APPROVED)
- Sizes: 2-7
- Color: Orange
Washing instructions: Hand wash only
||Dog's weight (kg)
||1.5 to 7
||2.5 to 10
||5 to 20
||10 to 30
||15 to 40
||20 to 50