The Smile puzzle game for dogs is a motivational game of high difficulty level. It combines activities of lifting and sliding the parts in order to reach the treats. The design of the game allows for control by the pet parent of difficulty degree from one paw to 3 paws by removing the plates stack on top of each other. This game is recommended for medium size and large dogs.
Dimensions: 12" x 5" x 4"
This game trains pet's dexterity and concentration skills while boosting their natural instincts of curiosity, drive to play and sense of smell. All our games and puzzles are made from certified wood covered with water-based varnish that is not harmful to humans and animals. Please keep the game dry and free of water exposure, as the wooden pieces may swell otherwise. Use only dry treats for playing with our games.
Here's how it works:
1. At the bottom disc of "Smile" place treats - under 4 caps in the groove at the mouth symbolizing the "teeth" and under each of the two cylinders symbolizing "corners of the mouth" and "eyes" Smiley
2. Put the middle disc on the top and place a treat inside. Then cover it with the top disc of the game.
3. Motivate your dog to perform a task. The dog should first raise the highest disc "Smile" and set it aside. Underneath there is the first prize.
4. After removing the top surface, the dog can pull cylinders (2 "corners of the mouth" and 2 "eyes"), because it can grab them over the surface of the middle disc. It is also possible - as in point 3 – to raise the middle disc and put aside it aside.
5. When the dog gets to the lowest surface, first, it will find treats hidden under cylinders ("corners of the mouth" and "eyes") if they have not been pulled out with its tongue from the hole between two discs. Then it must move caps ("teeth" in the groove symbolizing the mouth) in such a way as to be able to take them out at the side (there the corners of the mouth were). Reward is hidden under each tooth.
* You should start with the easiest version to get your dog accustomed to the game. For this purpose, use initially only the lower disc and 8 pawns in the game. (If the dog already knows our "Mandala & Star" game, it will quickly perform the tasks of "Smile".)
* If you want to increase the degree of difficulty, add the middle disc to that previously described variant. Caps ("teeth") cannot be removed without first removing the middle plate. Therefore, it is an additional challenge for your dog.
* Adding the third disc to the game will further increase the degree of difficulty and then the toy will be complete.
* The toy is recommended for medium (e.g. Border Collie) and large dogs (e.g. German shepherd).
Playing this game together will sure strengthen emotional bond between you and your cat and provide physical activity necessary to ensure your pet’s health and wellbeing.
According to dog’s behaviourists 15 minutes of mental stimulation with employment of interactive game equivalents to 1 hour of physical exercise. This is especially important for the dogs living in large cities where long walks are difficult and impossible , senior dogs with ailments that do not allow them for prolong outings and those living in cold climates where going outside can put animal’s health at risk.
Take 1 tape measure and 1 dog (and maybe some treats).
Measure neck size for collars
Take measurement round the base of neck, with 2 fingers slag (UC). Then choose the collar size to match the measurement.
(Do not measure old collar.)
Measure girth for harness / apparel
Take measurement of the largest part of the chest (LC).
Girth is slightly behind the fore legs (not at the fore legs, 'arm pits').
Then choose the gear that matches your measurements.
Measure torso for apparel
Measure from the base of the neck to the base of the tail (L).
Choose the apparel that matches your measurements.
If you need further help in choosing the right size, please feel free to contact us woof [at] gingerandbear.com.sg
We are confident you or your furry family member would be happy with our merchandise and service. We work hard to ensure the quality or the merchandise we present here. If for some reason you are not, we'd be happy for an exchange.
Merchandise should be in original packing and re-sellable condition, unused and undamaged. Exchanges should be made within 14 days from date of delivery and please allow 14 days for processing exchanges. Customers are responsible for charges that arise due to exchanges (such as delivery / shipping). Faulty items due to production/manufacturing will either be replaced or refunded as appropriate to the circumstances. Email us at woof [at] gingerandbear.com.sg with the order number and relevant details.
We reserve the right to deny any exchanges that do not meet exchange policy.
This bed is absolutely appealing to my spaniel. He simply loves it. He sleeps in it, plays in it and hides his favourite treats cum toys in it as well. The material feels cool, soft and very comfortable. Even when there is no more medium size, I actually bought a large size for my spaniel and I am so glad I did! Thank you Ginger & Bear for bringing in such AWSOME beds and delivering it to my home - Much Appreciated!